Thursday, March 7, 2013

Throwback Thursdays

Welcome to Throwback Thursdays. A new series.

Every other Thursday I will be sharing a spread or two from my previous Project Life albums.  This is in an effort to update my albums.  I never finished 2009, 2011 or 2012.  Sounds overwhelming doesn't it? 
At times I do feel overwhelmed but then I remind myself that anything I do to document our story is good enough and way better than nothing at all.  And I haven't set any deadlines for myself...I don;t need that kind of pressure!
All of my albums have the pictures and dates in them.  I also have the journaling to accompany the pictures.  In my opinion that is the hardest part! The 2009 album needs the most work, 2011 needs just a few touches here and there and the 2012 album needs a fair amount of work. 
I decided that I would "stay current while catching up"  I plan to use the left overs from my monthly kits to work on the incomplete albums. Until PL I was never able to keep up with scrapping our pictures and our stories.  I really do love this system because it works for me. 
If you would like more information about Project Life click here .

PL 2011 Intro Page

I was expecting our 5th baby and decided to add his picture too!  I used the Becky Higgins Amber Edition Core Kit Back then the kit came with the core kit, the album and page protectors.  Now you buy everything a la carte.  While I'm not happy with my choice of cards I really do love these pictures of us.

PL 2011 Week 1 Left Side

PL 2011 Week 1 Right Side

Yes that's us on our wedding day! Our wedding anniversary falls shortly after Christmas and so we never really do anything and I didn't take a picture.  Instead I added a picture from our wedding day and the card my hubby gave me.
I used a office supply store 8.5x11 page protector, trimmed it down and hand stitched it closed.


As I share more of this album you'll see that my style changes, I use less of the core kit and more hand made journaling cards.  I documented just about EVERYTHING in this album.  And I love it. BUT I toned things down a little bit in 2012.  For example, I decided NOT include the kids report cards and other school related items. I am putting those in their individual school album (which are in PL style).  I am more selective about what I document and how many pictures I use to tell the story.  I find myself wanting to TELL more of the story, beyond the obvious information one can get from the picture.

Well thanks for stopping by.
Marisol

3 comments:

  1. Well done for having a bit of a catch up! I think it's right not to pressure ourselves about scrapping - anything we manage is great, right?! I love how your included a wedding picture for your anniversary, great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to look back. I just started this year and I already put aside the core kit and just using my own stash, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are adorable! I don't do PL but recently went through my old scrapbooks and organized them and tried to finish up little bits I hadn't. It felt so good to finish them up and accept them "as is!" So nice to look back at the memories of things that in many cases I would have otherwise forgotten about...those little moments and events.

    ReplyDelete