Monday, March 18, 2013

Project Life Week 8

Project Life 2013 Week 8
February Break! It was a much needed break from work and school for our family.  The beginning of the week was very ordinary. The second half was much more exciting because my sister-in-law and my nephew came to visit us all the way from Georgia! This was also the week I decided to start the blog!

I used the February SC PL kit and some elements from the January kit in addition to stamps and washi tape from my stash. I really liked working with the aqua, yellow and brown color combo this week.

I added 7 yellow stars on the left side of the spread-one for each member of our family. One of my favorite things to do is to add labels directly to the pictures. The label I used on the top left photo was too long so I cut it and stacked it for a different look.

Because there are so many colors in the pictures I decided to use similar elements on the spread to try and unify all the pockets.  For example, I used the same color ink for all the stamping and writing;  I used the same letter stickers throughout the spread; I used similar labels and the yellow stars are found on both pages. In the bottom right corner I used 2 stars to highlight the week of the month.  
My cutie LOVED the chocolate covered strawberries his auntie brought us from her favorite shop in PA.
Yummy!
I'm really not this far behind with PL...I have up to week 10 completed (I just haven't posted the completed spreads here yet).
I'm still struggling with taking good pictures of my spreads.  Not only was I struggling with glare but I was also struggling with this little guy: 
The page was created by my 4 year old daughter. 

Well thanks for stopping by!
Marisol



5 comments:

  1. Great pages! Looks like you had a very fun week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was immediately attracted to the clam white blue and bits of yellow. Great pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo this week. Great photos. And I love the embellishments and teh memorabilia you included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great PL pages. I love that you have used a star for each member of your family. That's cute. :) Thanks for the inspiration..... I found your blog via The Mom Creative. :)

    ReplyDelete