Thursday, March 21, 2013

Throwback Thursday (on Friday)

Just because I didn't have time on Thursday!
This is another spread from PL 2011.  I used Picasa (It's FREE! Click here to learn more and download) to add the text directly to the photos.  I can't say enough about Picasa because it is so user friendly! Of course it is not PhotoShop but until I actually learn Photoshop I'll use Picasa.  There was a bit of a learning curve on text placement because of the photo printing of digital images.  I learned that I had to place the text away from the edge of the photo in order for it to print correctly.   

I used the day and arrow stickers that came in the kit.  Later in the year I stopped using them and my son said "Now I don't know which journal card goes with which picture!" Now I use date and arrow stamps to help the kids identify the journaling with it's corresponding photo.

On the right side of the spread I created 3 collages in Picasa.  The only thing I wish Picasa would do is give the user the ability to move the photo around when creating a collage.  For example, in the picture of the sneaker I would have liked to have been able to move the picture slightly to the left to feature the more of the NIKE symbol.  I'm hoping Google will do an update and include that feature.  

I included the recipe for homemade playdoh and have gone back for the recipe several times since adding it to the album.  The recipe is simple and easy to follow with a great end result!

Give it a try!
1 cup flour                 1 cup water                       food coloring of your choice
1 tbsp oil                    1/2 cup salt                       2 tbsp cream of tarter
Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tarter and food coloring in a medium size sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Remove from heat when the ingredients have mixed well and salt has dissolved. Add flour and stir. Remove the dough from the saucepan and knead. WARNING: The dough will be HOT!  I recommend putting the dough on wax paper and using the wax paper to help knead the dough.  Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag.  
Let me know if you give the recipe a try!
Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol





3 comments:

  1. Great job! Wish I could do PL, but it's over my head! Love that snowman too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to tackle photoshop but have just been too intimidated so far. your PL pages are fab !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great pages :)
    Cute that your son wanted you to use the arrows :)

    ReplyDelete