Saturday, March 9, 2013

Citrus Twist Sunday Sketch Challenge

Sunday Sketch March 3, 2013

Happy Saturday!  This week just dragged on and it was a rough week at work!  So happy to have a few hours today to be crafty.  Since last weekend I created 2 layouts! I decided to work on our Georgia Vacation Album because we are planning to go back this summer.  My goal is to work on the album NOT to finish it by the time we return...Remember my motto: Anything I do to record our memories is better that nothing at all!

I have 18 layouts completed and the ENTIRE album is planned out with pictures, sketches and journaling!  I have all the supplies I'm using separated from the rest of my stash making it easy to just pick a page and get to work.  

This week's Citrus Twist Sunday Sketch was fun to work with.


I stayed really close to the sketch with a few exceptions. I did not tilt my photos and I moved the title to the top of the page.  I used a circular element to the embellishment clusters and added the camera and washi tape. For the layering I cut  two 6x6 patterned papers in half and arranged them on the page-super fast and simple!   I wrapped yellow string around one of the felt circles to mimic the sun.  

 This page is full of a variety of manufacturers:
 Paper by Studio Calico Abroad Collection
 Embellishments from Citrus Twist (felt circles)
 Enamel dots by MME
 Letter stickers by Heidi Swapp and Studio Calico
 Cloud washi tape by KI Memories.  
Ink spatters using Mister Huey's Honor Society (I'm loving ink splatters now-I used to think they were stupid and served no purpose) 
I fussy cut the black cameras from the Echo Park This & That collection.  
The 'trip' embellishment on one of the cameras is SUPER old.  I have had it for over 10 years!  I gave the pack of embellishments to my daughter months ago and I thought it was perfect for the page because it looks just like my daughters sundress.  (You are right I NEVER PURGE)

Thanks Citrus Twist for another great sketch.
Thanks for stopping by.
Marisol


2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Love the enamel dots on the camera. And he looks very pleased with his hole! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great layout. Great take on the sketch.
    I love your moto :)

    ReplyDelete