Monday, April 7, 2014

Hello Hello Hello

An update and a card share.

I'm hoping to share a lot more on the blog soon.  I purchased a new computer and now won't need to share with family members. Yipee!  
As far as Project Life 2014 goes I am taking a very relaxed approach to it.  I no longer pressure myself to take pictures just to fill the pockets.  I am a few weeks behind and DO NOT FEEL STRESSED about it.  Now if I can just figure out how to use my Canon Selphie with my new computer!  I want to growl at Canon for not providing us with an update!  But that is an issue for another day.
Onto other matters...

Last month I joined the Clean and Simple Cards 3 classroom.  Participating in the class helped to renew my interest in card making.  Unfortunately, I was pressed for time (and supplies) and did not keep up with  my 'homework' .  Since the class ended I have ordered more supplies and have created a few cards here and there.  Today I'm sharing a card that uses a stencil and 'watercolor stamping'. Both these techniques are currently really popular in the card making world.  

I masked the middle portion of the card before stenciling with Broken China Distress Ink. I inked the flower stamp (by Inkadinkado) with Distress Markers and sprayed it with a few mists of water before stamping.  The Hello sentiment is from Everyday Sayings by Hero Arts.
I was pleased with the result and created a few more with different colors.  
I'm entering this card in the Virginia's View Challenge #2: Stencil.  Check out the blog...it is fabulous and inspiring!

Thanks for stopping by!   
Marisol


1 comment:

  1. Happy to see that you put the new skills and new toys into great use (yay for playing the challenge!), Mari! I love the masking and creative use of stencil! GREAT job on creating this one layer beauty! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View challenge! Hope to see your beautiful work in the future!

    ReplyDelete