Monday, August 19, 2013

Project Life Week 14


Week 14
I (mostly) used the Citrus Twist April kit for this week's spread.


Easter was spent at church and at home.  I cooked and the day was quiet...just how we like it.  It was our first Easter without our oldest son who was at school.  It was a bittersweet day.

See that picture of the wine glass?  Isn't it cool! I have what I call a 'dumb phone'-prepaid, no internet access, and NO CAMERA! Which means I don't have access to all the fancy photo apps. So when these cool photo overlays came out on the market I was thrilled!  They have the same effect on the photo as the fancy photo apps available on smartphones but without the HUGE monthly phone bill! HA.



Week 14 was part of  our Spring Break. Our friends came to visit and I cooked for 20 people!  My son and our friends kids are members of the Civil Air Patrol.  Aren't they handsome in their uniforms? I used another photo overlay on the picture of me.  The picture with the 'LAUGH" sticker on is of the kids playing Just Dance game on the Xbox.  I highly recommend this game for getting the kids off the couch and for burning some calories!

TIP:  Don't be afraid to cut up the PL cards!  The 'You make me so happy' speech bubble was part of a 3x4 card.  I cut it out and layered it over another 3x4 card  and layered that on a 4x6 card. I did the same for the top left pocket. 

I am still plugging away at my spreads.  I have up to week 26 completed! Right now I'm working on inserting the pictures in the pockets.  I'm almost done with that!  My goal is to finish the spreads before I go back to work on Sept 4th! 

I haven't decided if I will blog past weeks or not.  What do you think?  Should I just move forward?
Are you up to date with your PL?  How are you keeping up or catching up?
Thanks for stopping by.
Marisol
Today I'm linked with The Mom Creative

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Great PL spread, love the photos and the handwritten journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quoted card is so cute. I need to get better at jotting down all the crazy things my kiddos say.
    Love the cut up cards, such a great way to use duplicates in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pages, I like the pinks and soft colors perfect for April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute pages! I love the balance of great photos and cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, Marisol. I love the overlays and other little touches you added in. Just Dance is popular in our house too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I just now started following your blog! I must be crazy! Love the PL pages, can't wait to go through more recent posts!

    I think you should keep sharing pages as the week's progress. I'm current (up until last week) in my PL, but I'm several weeks behind showing the layouts on my blog. Like the rest of this hobby, it's all up to you, no right or wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete