Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 17

Project Life 2013 Week 17

Where is week 16 you ask...well I don't know.  I have to check back and see why I didn't photograph it. But I found week 17!

A new TV, mom and daughter playtime, happy crafty mail, ice cream and outside play filled week 17.




My hubby and boys are soooo happy with the new 3D TV.  I set the self timer on my camera to take the picture of my daughter and I.  The black My Fave heart is cut out from a SC 3x4 card.  I wrote the word my with my favorite white pen. I won a giveaway on a blog and got my monthly kit all in one day! I attended  a staff recognition dinner for the day care staff. I was able to take a picture of all the ladies who have cared for my daughter since the age of 1 year.  I wrote their names on the back of the photo and made a note in the journaling that their names are on the back of the photo.  I wrote Best Teachers Ever directly on the photo and added the 2 wood veneer hearts.  It looks like it was really on the projector screen. 

The right side pictures are all from Saturday.  The weather was so nice and we spent the day outside.  I added sequin to the sun card after I stamped the Hello sunshine phrase.  I also stamped the word Hi in the middle of the sun.  I tried to create a rainbowe effect on the wood veneer alphas and it did NOT work. FAIL! But I used them anyway. 
TIP: I often print my pictures in the 4x6 size and mostly take them in the landscape orientation.  This can be problematic when I  have vertical pockets.  To resolve this I simply trim off a couple off a couple of inches to make the photo 4x4 and slap it on a 4x6 piece of patterned paper or a 4x6 card.  Over the years I have learned to compose my pictures so that trimming them would not change the effect or mood of the photo. This is a fancy way of saying I tend not to zoom in when taking pictures. HA. This technique is also helpful when cropping a 4x6 horizontal pic into a vertical picture. This also saves with printing cost because there is no additional cost such as when printing a custom sized picture just the cost of printing a standard sized picture.  
How are you coming along with your PL? I'm ALMOST caught up and it feels good!

Today I'm linked with The Mom Creative

Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol

6 comments:

  1. Cute pages. I love all the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages, I love how you stapled the letter to the photo, and the sequins are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you embellished the photo's! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pl pages... love the embellishments you used.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your PL pages are great!!!!
    I like all the special touches
    I keep telling myself that I am going to get mine done...but haven't yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I had to look a second (and third) time to see the writing on the pic of the teachers-sooooo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete