Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 18

Week 18

Still haven't found pics of week 16....
More outdoor play, some spring cleaning, tree planting, a beautiful blooming rhododendron, crabby patties and an allergy scare.
My new favorite thing to do is using letter stickers directly on the photos. I had been using labels but got tired of it.  These BasicGrey letter stickers are the perfect size for this project and I want a set in EVERY color. White is my favorite because it seems to pop off the picture.   



Left Side: My hubby planted a tree and was so proud of himself!  The 'grow where you are planted card' is perfect for the story. He also attempted to clean the garage and didn't get very far...it is a mess!  The pictures in this spread are dark and once fall and winter hit I foresee more dark indoor photos.  I may need a new lens for indoor pictures but they are so darn expensive!  Any recommendations?


Right side:  I love my daughter's pose in front of the bush!  She is so cheeky! My son woke up one morning with a swollen face! It was so scary because we thought maybe he developed the same milk protein allergy as our daughter. I am happy to report that the results came back negative but we also don't have an answer as to why his face was so swollen.  I love adding quotes from my children.  They make great filler cards.  


I  repeated certain elements on both pages as a way of unifying them. 
*orange plastic letters
*letter stickers 
*triangle paper
*the orange patterned paper
*green and orange colors as well as touches of brown

TIP: Balancing  elements (colors and/or embellishments) on both pages helps unify pictures that would otherwise clash with each other.  


Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol

7 comments:

  1. Fab spread! I love the shots of orange and green throughout and you're right, the white alphas do pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome, Marisol! The BG alphas are perfect on the photos. I have them in bunches of colors. Jillibean Soup makes something similar if you're looking for an alternate option. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so great!! :) There are so many little touches that I adore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how creative you can get with such a small space. It's very creative that you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages, love the letter stickers on the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great PL pages, love the title stickers on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that crabby patty is so precious!! heeheee!

    ReplyDelete