Monday, August 18, 2014

Watercoloring with distress markers

Hello there!
Watercoloring is so popular in the card making world right now. There are so many products and techniques one can use to create the watercolor look.  Today I used one of my favorite background stamps and distress markers to create a watercolor card.


I heat embossed the image and then added a clear water wash to the watercolor paper before adding the color with a brush.  I scribbled the marker on my craft mat and picked it up with a brush before adding it to the card base.  The water does all the work for you and the embossing 'traps' the color creating pools of different shades.

I'm entering this card into the Mama Elephant and ME August Challenge. The challenge is watercolors and birthdays. The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant Make a Wish stamp set.

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The challenge is to create a project that reminds me of summer.  To me the color blue and flowers does nothing but remind me of summer.

Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, love how you have watercoloured the flowers and background! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! :) I love this technique, I really need to actually DO this on cards, instead of playing with it on scratch sheets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - your colouring is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Summer Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great use of color and love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete