Monday, August 4, 2014

Shake it baby!

Hello!
Shaker cards are all the rage right now in the crafting world!
Believe it or not I don't own a lot of sequins and have never made a shaker card.

I used 2 different techniques to create the shaker cards.  

 The one on the left uses foam squares to create the 'pocket' for the sequins. The card on the right uses a different technique that is a bit difficult to explain. Instead of foam I used several layers of cardstock to create the pocket for the sequins.  I learned this technique from Lucy Abrams (she has a picture tutorial to follow).
While a little more challenging I prefer the second technique because it gives you a polished look when viewing the card from an angle.

My dad REALLY liked his card. 
I'm playing along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Sentiment: Stampendous and Lawn Fawn
Ballon Die Cut: Simon Says Stamp
Sequin: Unknown
Pattern Paper: DCWV (super old paper stack)

1 comment:

  1. These are so fun! I agree about the foam looking unpolished. I will give your paper technique a try!

    Great, fun cards!

    PS Good to see your post...I miss 2peas and the fun we had there!

    ReplyDelete