Saturday, August 16, 2014

Some bunny is on the way

Hello there!
I have another card to share with you.  The card is for a couple who is expecting a baby.

A couple of months ago I challenged myself to go out of my comfort zone and create 'cute' cards. I have been enjoying the cute images found in stamp sets from Lawn Fawn and  Mama Elephant.  I used to shy away from them because I didn't know how to color them without making the image look flat and because I thought the 'cute' cards were only for kids.  Well now I can color with some basic shading and realized that many adults like 'cute'. Ha.  
No cool techniques here but I did double up on the grass to give it more dimension, used glitter paper for the yellow flowers and added white enamel to the bunnies tails to give it a shiny look.

Products:
Lawn Fawn: Hello Baby stamps
Avery Elle: Ink and heart paper
Mama Elephant: Index card frames 
Cloud Paper: Super old from my stash and I have no idea who makes it. 
My Favorite Things: Grass die cut 

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I find cute cards hard to do as well. Good for you for going out of your comfort zone. I think we grow as artisits when we do that.

    Your card is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete