Saturday, September 7, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 21

Project Life 2013 Week 21

A camping house, hot weather, reading, and a birthday!


I love the randomness of this weeks left side.  I LOVE using alphabet stickers on my project but I didn't have the right letter stickers to create my daughter's quote and so I turned to my alphabet stamps! I  recently purchased  Lawn Fawn Claire's alphabet stamp set and used  it in the speech bubble to quote my daughter. I love all of Lawn Fawn's alphabet sets because the actual stamp is cut into a rectangle and all the letters line up perfectly with each other giving you the perfect amount of space in between each letter!  AND the newer sets include more than one stamp for the most popular letters in the alphabet.  This allows for creating an entire word with multiple letters and/or vowels.  I'm slowly purchasing all the sets.  I currently have 3.  They are the perfect size for pocket pages. I'm not sure why more companies haven't created similar alphabet stamps!


My son turned 9 this week and I devoted the right side of the spread to his party.  I didn't have any birthday related cards in any of my kits and so I turned to my stash! I used an OLD DCVW birthday paper pad to create the cards on this page.  I handed the pen over to him and let him fill in the prompts.  I love that he agreed and now I have his handwriting in the album.

IDEA: Turn to your stash!  Create your own journal cards when you don't have premade cards to match your story. Use alphabet stamps when you don't have the right letter stickers for your project.

Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Fun week! Love how you used the actual quote. It's fun to remember the things kids say!+

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that Lawn Fawn alpha, too and adore how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete