Saturday, September 21, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 34

Week 34

Time at the lake with my dad and my sister, Mom's birthday, superhero fun and ordinary days made up Week 34. 

Yes I know I skipped a bunch of weeks but I just couldn't wait to share Week 34.  I used the September Life Pages by Gossamer Blue.  The kit was awesome and I killed it! I had no mercy!  I just loved the color combo and how well everything coordinated.  I did include an alpha or two from my stash as well as some enamel dots.
The kit includes a printables file and a .cut file for the silhouette.  Because my printer pretty much hates any paper thicker than printer paper I printed on vellum instead.  It worked well with the darker colors.  I also printed the .cut file on vellum. Sorry no photo!

We spent the day at Canandaigua Lake.  It was our first time at the lake and as you can see we really enjoyed it. The enamel dots are from Freckled Fawn and were not in the kit.  My circle punch is broken and I cut the 'this was awesome' circle by hand. I need to improve my cutting skills! 
Funny story: My son likes to run around the house with a blanket for a cape calling himself a superhero.  After I put the cape on he insisted on wearing the boots, when I asked him why he needed them he said 'Superhero's wear boots!'  It is generally difficult to understand what he says but he said that very clearly for me to understand!  The 'Just an extraordinary' is one of the printables on vellum.  One of my kids took the bottom right picture. It is dark and blurry and I LOVE IT because it captured an everyday moment that I would have otherwise missed.

TIP: Buy a Gossamer Blue LP kit because it is FABULOUS! I'm looking forward to next months kit as well as the December Daily kit.
Today I'm linked up with Jessica at The Mom Creative

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pages, I can see why you loved the kit, it looks fab with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you had a wonderful week and i agree - your embellishments are happy, fun and go great with all of your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool like the printable especially on vellum. Do you use just Becky Higgins page protectors or a different variety of page protectors. I plan on doing some layouts in project life style. But with my heritage pictures and stories. I did one I've to put up here for you all to look at. The page protectors I use are normally We R Memory Keepers albums made so easy. But wonder about the Becky Higgins too.

    ReplyDelete