Sunday, September 15, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 22

Week 22

Memorial Day festivities and underwater fun! 

It was one of those weeks where I documented only 2 events.  It seems like a pattern lately and I like it! Documenting this way helps reduce frustration that comes with having too many pictures and deciding which ones to include.  Our 'daily' life has been very routine for the past few weeks and I am not feeling the need to document everything (those moments are already documented in past weeks and there will be future opportunities to document the daily happenings).  I am enjoying highlighting the bigger events with more than just one or two pictures.  That is just what I did this week.

 

Week 22 two page spread

As you know my son is a member of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and on Memorial Day his Squadron marched in the parade.  We were a very proud family that day.   I kept this spread simple.  Can you spot the photo bomb?  My boys are ALWAYS doing that...At first I was getting upset then I just accepted it.   I used my very first Scraptastic kit on this spread. I tried an ombre effect with markers on the words RIB FEST as well as on the "Places we go" card.
 Aren't these pictures cool?!  They were taken underwater with my brother in laws camera.  After using it I was so tempted to buy one. But I resisted because the truth of the matter is that I am NOT underwater very frequently. HA. I cut a 4x6 Studio Calico card in half to fit across two 3x4 pockets.  I like that effect.  Again very simple with big impact.
IDEA: Use a 4x6 card across two 3x4 pockets for an eye pleasing effect. Keep in mind that after cutting it in half you may have to trim the card again to fit in the 3x4 pocket. If you need to do this don't trim the middle part of the card because it will make the design awkward,  trim the outer edge instead...yes I speak from experience.

How are you coming along with your Project Life Album?
I have printed all my pictures except those from this past week and the pictures are in the pockets ready to be embellished.  I am determined to get'caught up'! I want to start my kids school albums.  Currently, I am working with the September Life Pages kit from Gossamer Blue...I really like it!  
Thanks for stopping by.
Marisol
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love the pool photos. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! What awesome pages, love the red/white/blue effect/color scheme too - genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete