Sunday, March 6, 2016

Documenting our Life in Photos

Memory keeping with Project Life 

Project Life 2016 {Week 2}

This year I am going back to documenting.  After a 2 year hiatus I am ready to capture the stories of 2016.
Over the years most of my Project Life spreads have been elaborate and detailed.  I notice however that my eye is always drawn to spreads that are simple.  I also notice that my family hardly ever reads the journaling.  They focus on the pictures.  And that will be MY focus for documenting 2016.
Pictures.
Project Life 2013

Back in the fall of 2015 my son was looking through the 2013 PL album and looked up at me and said 'Remember when you used to scrapbook our life?' 
My heart was full of joy and at the same time was crushed.  It was full of joy because his comment was validation. Validation that my family DOES appreciate the albums.  My heart was crushed because I realized that I missed out on two years of scrapbooking our life.  

I spent the last couple of months in 2015 organzing my craft space to accomodate my supplies for the 2016 Project Life album. (It had been set up for card making) And I'm so excited to report that I am up to date with 2016!

Here's a  look at Week 2

Supplies
  • Project Life Design H Page Protectors
  • Project Life Core Kit Midnight
  • Heidi Swapp Black Epoxy Buzz Word Stickers
  • The camera 3x4 card is from Gossamer Blue
Switching to a smaller format has NOT been an easy transition.  In 2014 I  tried 6x8 and quickly realized that format was too constricting.  I haven't finished it.  In 2015 I switched to 6x12 and didn't finish. This year I have finally gotten into a nice groove with the 6x12 size. 
2016 will be the year that I get back to documenting our life in photos.

During the month of February  I did a 'walk through' of my PL albums.  What a joy.  I took note of what worked and what didn't work.  I took note of how many completed weeks were in each album.  I took note of the products I used. I took note of what I liked and didn't like.
I created a 'Do's and Don't' List.

I'll share my organization and the do's and don'ts  list in another post later this week.  

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs 
Marisol


No comments:

Post a Comment