Saturday, April 13, 2013

Project Life Week 11

Happy Saturday!  
*Scroll down to find the April 12 Project Life Celebratory Blog Hop post.*  

Today I'm participating in another Project Life Blog Hop hosted by  Michelle Bostinelos . Be sure to drop by her blog...it's fabulous!  

I barely picked up the camera during Week 11. We lost a dear family friend and most of the week was spent in mourning.  I am so grateful for the little moments I was able to capture and document.

Project Life 2013 Week 

I used the Citrus Twist March PL Kit
The kit was so full of color and complemented the photos of my boys playing together.
Week 11 Left Side
Most weeks my spreads are picture heavy leaving little room for embellished cards. But not this week!  I had fun getting creative with a few of the pockets.
In this pocket I adhered a 3x4 (custom made by Citrus Twist) card on a 4x6 card.  I embellished the 3x4 card with thickers, sequins, an opaque gem, an arrow sticker and a heart sticker. I even hand stitched around the arrow. It was easy and then I got ambitious and tried hand stitching on a layout...not so easy! Anyway I digress.  The camera was cut out from the Darling Dear collection by Studio Calico and attached to the 'Don't Forget' label from Pink Paislee.  I then arranged the stamps from the kit onto my block and stamped it repeatedly.  It says happy, playing,dreaming, learning, sharing, laughing.


I wanted to use a speech bubble to document something my daughter said.  I didn't have a 3x4 card that suited my need so I cut the speech bubble out from a 3x4 card and layered it over another 3x4 card. I then used an arrow stamp to create lines for the journaling.  Viola! Custom made journaling card!  After listening to 'We are never getting back together' by Taylor Swift my daughter said 'That is so sad because if you love someone you should be with them.'  She really does say the cutest things!

The right side of my spread is dedicated to our dear friend, Antonio, who lost his 4 year battle with cancer.  I used a WRMK page protector because I wanted to include the funeral book in it's entirety.  The pocket on the right is 6x12.  The booklet is not adhered to the cardstock I added but rather held in place with a Tim Holtz mini paperclip.  This way I can take out the booklet and read its content.  I included a picture of Antonio and his wife as well as a picture of the new Pope.  Antonio was a very religious person and we all thought it was beautiful that a new Pope was chosen on the day of his burial.  

1 comment:

  1. Your pages look great and I think you did a wonderful job of honoring your friend and his memory. Sorry for you loss.

    ReplyDelete