Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Labels

Labels, Labels, Labels!

I love labels. I love using them on layouts, cards and of course PL spreads!  I have received lovely labels in my kits from Studio Calico and Citrus Twist.  October Afternoon has lovely labels, but they are VERY pricey. Printable labels can now be found everywhere throughout the internet stores as well!   My printer does not like paper other than regular 'ole printer paper.  I have tried MANY MANY MANY MANY times to figure out the right settings on  my printer to be able to print on card stock. EPIC FAIL! 
Not to mention that the cardstock I used soaked up lots of ink and the colors look faded.  I have not tried printing the labels on photo paper...I have read that it looks very nice!  

Therefore, printing downloadable labels is a NO GO!  I love that Citrus Twist is now including a small sheet of labels in colors that coordinate with the  monthly PL kit. Cool right?!


Before I started receiving labels in the CT PL kit I came up with a way to create them on my own with stamps!  My search for the perfect stamp set lasted months!  Then I found it!  The Labels Basic Stamp Set by PaperTrey Ink !  It was an expensive set but well worth the money.  PaperTrey Ink has a coordinating steel die set but I didn't purchase it.  I think the labels are easy enough to cut out by hand!

I first heard of the stamp set in a post by Nichol Magouirk where she mentioned using the stamp set to create a custom colored label for her layout.    Once I received the stamp set I was pumped!  I used a  sheet of 8.5x11 Neehah Solar card stock for each ink color and used several shapes per sheet.  I cut the labels out and put them in baggies according to color.  



I left some labels blank and stamp a sentiment on others.  I love the final product and that I can customize a label at anytime WITHOUT using my printer.  I stamped some sentiments off center because I like to have the labels over the edge of my paper.  


Many of my stamp sets fit perfectly in the labels such as sets from Ali Edwards, Studio Calico, Citrus Twist, Etc.  Roller date stamps are also a perfect fit.


The 'date' stamp is from a very old Ali Edwards set


An example of how I used my DIY labels.
Go raid your stash and find stamps you can use to make your own custom labels!  If you make any be sure to link up here, I would love to see what you create!



Thanks for stopping by!
Marisol



4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, Marisol! I have a sheet of Lily Bee label stickers I need to try this with. I love how they look on your PL pages, along with the washi borders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea! That stamp set was very worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I find stamps and saying that can fit into them! This is a great find and a cool tip! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these stamps, I didn't know about them and do not have a printer. Love me some labels!!!

    ReplyDelete