Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project Life Kit set up

Hello friends,
As promised I am sharing my Project Life set up.  It is very simple and I like it that way.  I don't like spending tons of money on storage...I'd rather spend the money on pretty paper and I know I am NOT alone on that.  I subscribe to a Project Life Kit club.  I have ordered Becky Higgins core kits but become bored with the repetitiveness of the cards and found myself creating my own cards and looking for a variety of products to add to my PL album. And then I found Citrus Twist.
 
CT February PL Kit
The CT kit is PACKED.  And the stamps are PERFECT.  Every month you get an entire 6x6 paper pad along with a custom stamp set, 4x6 and 3x4 journaling cards (some of which are custom made), embellishments and a few 12x12 papers.  The customer service and community is so great.  I have been a member since Dec 2012 and I have been very pleased with the kits.  Did I mention I also sub to the main kit? CT also has a Blog which has weekly challenges, sneak peeks of upcoming kits, and tutorials; as well an opportunity to post your own projects.  Check it out there is always great inspiration.

Along with my kit I use some 'basics' from my stash, such as Alphabet stamps, date stamps, labels, etc.  I always keep these supplies out on my desk.  I use the Martha Stewart Desktop Organizers
My basic supplies: alpha stamps, 3x4 grid cards, ink
(I'll add a post on my clear stamp storage soon.)

When I get my monthly kit I add it to the organizer:

Organizer filled with CT February PL kit
For product that doesn't fit into my organizer I simply keep in the box it came in.  I keep the entire kit in the box until I'm ready to use it: 
or 
I use this method (fancy I know. HA) This is the CT February Main Kit.
This is the top of a Becky Higgins page protector box. 


 The page protectors are not packaged this way anymore. 

I have found it so much easier to work with the contents of a kit as opposed to looking through my stash all the time.  That seems to slow me down.  Although I don't always limit myself to the monthly kit- I also use my stash but generally stick to using the kit. I also find I'm more creative when I limit the supplies I use.  

Pocket Page Protectors: I have accumulated quite a collection over the years. I keep them in an old 12x12 3 ring binder.  They are so much easier to manage now.  
Well that is it! I told you it was simple!  
How did you set up for PL?



 Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I don't do PL but I really like your organization, it looks great, and loving the shout out to Citrus Twist! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you store your PL supplies.
    I don't have the kit, I do it on my own...but a friend recently sent me some of her cards from last year...love the grid cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have that little MS organizer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! i so wanted to sign up for one of the pl monthly kits, but... haven't had the time to scrap much. ironically, i did an organization post today as well - my plife storage was part of it. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your tip on how to organize your page protectors! Mine are always all over the place so when I go to scrapbook I can never find the one I need without going through a giant pile. I will be converting mine to a binder ASAP. Thanks!
    Debbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found too much repetition in the core kits, but I love my Studio Calico PL kit and my stash...that's what makes PL so cool...anything goes.

    ReplyDelete