Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sharing some exciting news! And a Project Life Spread

I will be joining the Project Life Creative Team for the  Life in Details Challenge Blog

The blog is for Project Lifers and Smashers!  Every month a challenge is posted and participants can link up their creations in a couple of easy steps.  The winner of the challenge will be asked to be a guest designer for a future challenge.  

The February Project Life challenge is to use Pink and/or Red as primary colors.


Project Life  2009 Week 7
Yes you read it correctly...2009!  I have FINALLY started working on my 2009 album.  The pictures and journaling have been in the album for years.  2009 was my first PL year and I struggled for many reasons to complete the album. 

Project Life 2009 Week 7 
2 page spread
Since I started working on the album a week ago I have completed 3 two page spreads!
I plan on using PL monthly kits to stay current with 2014 and to catch up with 2009.  I have some unused monthly kits and have significantly reduced my subs.  Right now I am only subbing to ONE PL kit club.  I made this decision a while ago and already feel less overwhelmed with new products.
For this spread I used a variety of elements from past Studio Calico, Gossamer Blue and Citrus Twist kits.  The spread is fairly simple.  I added a blank grid card to some of the filler cards to be able to journal on them. I did that with the red chevron and the red card with the hearts.
Even after 4 years ( I skipped 2010 and regret it ALL OF THE TIME) of using the pocket pages style I am still really enjoying this type of scrapping.  The one regret I have about 2009 is that I had a really bad camera and the pictures are very dark.  For about a minute I thought of reprinting them but quickly realized that would be JUST CRAZY!  
How are you coming along with your Project Life album?

Thanks for stopping by.
Marisol









2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME that you are going back and doing previous years. I would love to go back and do that. I have so many pictures that have yet to make it off my computer. This is really inspiring. Your pages look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awesome news and well done for going back and recording the previous years...it's looking great!!

    ReplyDelete